My favourite, quick, 15 minute dinner. Also, this really satisfies my pasta cravings. It’s a great meal because you can keep the ingredients in the kitchen for whenever you need them! As a Mum, this meal can be a life saver. Even my 18 month old daughter loves this dinner so it’s doubley perfect!
I buy frozen, precooked king prawns because they’re cheaper and it cuts out a lot of time (plus, you can leave it in the freezer until you need them) but you can buy fresh ones. Just make sure that they’re cooked all the way through and fully pink. I also use lazy garlic (already chopped, in a jar and you can keep it in the fridge) but you can use fresh garlic. You can use either dried or fresh parsley or even chives. I always keep spaghetti in the pantry and butter and parmesan are always in my fridge. That’s it!
Garlic Prawn Spaghetti
- cheese grater
- garlic press (optional)
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- 200 g king prawns
- 250 g spaghetti
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (or 3-4 cloves)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (or however much you want)
- Begin to cook the spaghetti.
- Defrost the prawns in a frying pan on heat (or begin to cook the fresh ones).
- Drain the water away and place the frying pan back on the heat (medium) with the butter.
- Allow the butter to melt amongst the prawns and add the garlic.
- Stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and dish into bowls. Top with the prawns and melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan.
It’s really as simple as that! A simple, quick and life saver of a dinner idea. You’re welcome!
Don’t forget to follow the blog and follow my socials! You’ll be the first to know when I upload a new recipe!