For the remaining Thursdays in November, I will be sharing a delicious slow cooker recipe. This time of year can get a bit hectic and as the colder months draw in, you want something more comforting in the evenings but maybe you don’t have the time. This is why I love my slow cooker. Chuck a bunch of stuff in it in the morning, turn it on and come the evening, all you need to do is serve! This Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff recipe is one of those!
This creamy and comforting dish can be served with nearly anything. I like to throw in some fresh pasta 5-10 minutes before dishing up but you could serve this with mashed potatoes, chips or even just some side vegetables. I also like to add mushrooms to my stroganoff because they go really well with this. If you’re not a fan, you can replace them with onion or just leave them out.
As for stock, you can make beef stock from oxo cubes etc. Alternatively, I add 500 ml of water to the slow cooker and then pop a beef stock pot in with it. Because the mixture will be heated gently for a long period of time, everything will eventually melt together. I don’t see the point in making hot stock in a separate jug to add to the slow cooker. Save the washing up!
I love making this in the slow cooker because it turns the meat very tender. It becomes melt-in-your-mouth and flaky. This combined with the creaminess of the sauce is the perfect comfort meal as the evenings get darker and the days get that little bit chillier.
Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- First, start by browning your beef in a frying pan with olive oil and seasonings. Then transfer to the slow cooker.
2. From there you can then add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker (apart from the sour cream and noodles).
3. Cook on high for 4 hours or on a medium heat for 6-8 hours. 20 minutes before serving add the sour cream and 10 minutes before serving add the noodles (on a high heat).
Very simple! I love a good ‘set it and forget it’ recipe!
Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g diced beef
- 120 ml red wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 300 g mushrooms chopped
- 500 ml beef stock
- 245 g sour cream
- 300 g fresh egg tagliatelle optional
- Grease your slow cooker with olive oil.
- Brown the beef in a frying pan with olive oil and salt and pepper. Then, add to the slow cooker.
- Add the red wine, garlic granules, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms and beef stock to the slow cooker.
- Cook on a high heat for 4 hours or a medium heat for 6-8 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, add the sour cream and stir. If the sauce isn't thick enough after the addition of the sour cream, add some flour.
- 10 minutes before serving, add the fresh noodles (optional). Then serve!
Keep your eye out for more slow cooker recipes this month! I upload a new recipe here every Thursday. Let me know if there are any recipes you’d like me to share or any tips you need for this recipe.
Also, you might be excited to know that the first CHRISTMAS products are now live in my shop! Check them out here! Or click the SHOP tag in the menu.