Everyone loves an indulgent pasta dish, don’t they? Spaghetti Carbonara is one of those dishes that makes your body melt at the thought of it. It’s bacon, cheese and pasta. What’s not to love? Now I’m telling you, you can make this in 15 minutes?! Yes, you can.
A lot of these ingredients are long-life so you can do your weekly shop on the Friday and have this as the perfect meal for Thursday night. I use smoked bacon but you can use unsmoked or even sausages! Yep, sausages. Just remove the sausage skin, divide the sausage into 6, roll each piece into a miniature meat ball and fry up as you would the bacon. It’s so good!
Dietary Swaps. Make it YOUR carbonara.
If you want to make this dish dairy free, swap the parmesan for vegan parmesan or if you’re gluten free, swap the spaghetti for gluten free spaghetti or zoodles. If you wish to make this vegan, check out Vegan Avocado Bean Wraps or Cajun Veggie Stew because this recipe isn’t for you.
Quick 15 minute Spaghetti Carbonara
- 4 rashers smoked bacon diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g spaghetti dry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp parsley dried or finely chopped
- Begin cooking the spaghetti as instructed on the packet.
- Fry the bacon bits in a frying pan with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, parmesan and parsley with 3-4 tbsp of water that the pasta is cooking in.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Turn off the heat but keep the pan on the hob.
- Once cooked, drain the spaghetti and add it to the frying pan with the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spaghetti and mix the contents of the frying pan together until the spaghetti is fully coated in the mixture. The left over heat from the pan and the heat from the spaghetti will cook the egg.
- Serve with extra parmesan on top and a sprinkle of parsley.
There you go, Quick 15 minute Spaghetti Carbonara, a fast way to satisfy those creamy pasta cravings. If you liked this recipe, you may also like: Garlic Prawn Spaghetti or Grandma’s Schnitzel Recipe for other comfort food recipes.
Speaking of comfort…
These are unsettling times so why not bring someone else some comfort? I have teamed up with Prestige Flowers to tell you that they are currently offering FREE chocolates with any flower purchase of £19.99 or more. They are also offering next day delivery and offer 7 days a week delivery. Maybe your Nan is home alone during this time and a gift of fresh flowers from you would really brighten her day. It’s tough right now and I can’t imagine being alone during this time. I’m lucky that I have a toddler, a dog and a partner to run around after and fill the days but think of those that are fully isolated. You could make their day. Click here to find out more!
Are you a member of the Ramblings Family? If not, why not? Please read my post about it: Join the Ramblings Family! It would really mean the world to me!
As always, thank you for taking the time to read. I upload new recipes every Thursday so keep your eyes peeled!