Whether you’re vegan or not, this is a really yummy and quick dinner recipe. And, yes, Steven requests this dinner (so you know it’s good when it’s loved by a worshipper of meat and cheese). Another great thing about these vegan avocado bean wraps is that the ingredients are really cheap and easy to find anywhere. It’s not a vegan recipe that you have to go to a special wholefoods shop or vegan market. If you’re not vegan, you can add cheese or sour cream. I personally add quite a lot of chilli because I love spicy food but you don’t have to add any and it’s still delicious.
I used a tin of 3 beans but, if you are feeding a larger amount of people, I suggest you use a tin of red kidney beans and a tin of butter beans (or any beans you like) with 2 jars of salsa.
Vegan Avocado Bean Wraps
- 1 tin mixed beans
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli powder or however much you like
- 2 avocados
- 6 wholemeal wraps
- 1 jar jalapenos optional
- Any sauces you like (I like sriracha)
- Rinse the tinned beans and heat in a saucepan with the bell pepper. Add salt and pepper.
- Once softened, add the jarred salsa.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add the chilli powder. Stir thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado into slices.
- Assemble the wraps. Add the bean/salsa mix to the middle of the wrap. Lay avocado on top. Add chopped jalapenos (optional) and sauces. Fold like a fajita. Enjoy!
This is perfect for a quick Summer meal or a Mexican themed get-together. You can add anything you like to this! Maybe you’d prefer fresh salad, cheeses, crispy onions, ranch dressing or maybe you make a mean guacamole. You can adapt this recipe to make your own and something the whole family will love!
If you are having a Mexican themed party, I highly recommend you check this out:
So this is the last recipe for June! How did you guys the Vegan Avocado Bean Wraps? Do you like the new recipes every week? Let me know what you think in the comments below or let me know on my socials! Thank you so much for taking the time to come to my blog. It really means a lot. I have so many new and exciting things for July, that I can’t wait to share with you guys. Keep your eyes peeled!!