I know. You’re surprised to see Star Wars content on this blog. I haven’t even seen a full movie (don’t come for me). However, Steven and his family are Star Wars fans, verging on super fans. So, I thought this May the fourth, I would cheer them up with these! I first saw this idea on Pinterest and wanted to recreate it with my own recipe.
I have previously made other Star Wars themed bakes for Steven’s brother’s 40th birthday. We organised a Star Wars themed kids party (with no kids) in our new home (at the time), which included: Pin the Lightsaber on Yoda, Star Wars pun food (Ham Solo sandwiches), inflatable lightsabers, homemade photo booth and a Millennium Falcon cake.
It’s a relatively simple recipe but, nevertheless, may the force be with you! See? I can do Sci-Fi!
You will need:
- 400g Plain Flour
- 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 180g Butter (soft)
- 125g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 125g Golden Syrup
- 190g chocolate
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Sift the flour and spices together in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg and golden syrup to creamed mixture and combine well.
- Gradually add in the flour and spices until fully combined and makes a loose dough.
- Split the mixture into 3. Wrap in clingfilm and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 170° Fan.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut out your gingerbread man shapes.
- Using a fork, make impressions in the dough to look like fur.
- Bake on a lined baking tray for 8-12 minutes (depending on size of cookies and whether you like them soft or crisp).
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once fully cooled, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Leave the chocolate to cool slightly before pouring it into a piping back (or you can use a zip lock bag)
- Snip the end of the piping bag (or the corner of the zip lock bag) and pipe a diagonal line across your gingerbread man.
- Place the white chocolate chips along this line. I used white candy melts because my cookies were quite large (and it’s all I had in the house #QuarantineLife).
- (Optional) pipe two eyes and a nose on your wookie with the chocolate.
So, there you go! Absolutely delicious wookie cookies! Not bad for a non-nerd, aye? I hope you enjoyed reading this and if you recreate these, please share the pictures with me! I would love to see your quarantine baking!
Happy Star Wars Day!
Tik Tok: @charlotterose293