This is the recipe I use for a really quick and simple sugar cookie. Perfect for Christmas, Birthdays, baby showers or any occasion or holiday.
- 100g butter (room temp)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 275g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190ºC/ 170ºC fan/ Gas 5. Line a baking tray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1cm thick.
- Cut out your shapes and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pale golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.